Beta and Capital Budgeting
Part 1: Beta
Visit the following web site or other websites:
1. Search for the beta of ADT inc.
2. In addition, find the beta of 3 different companies within the same industry as ADT inc.
3. Explain to your classmates what beta means and how it can be used for managerial and/or investment decision
4. Why do you think the beta of ADT inc and those of the 3 companies you found are different from each other? Provide as much information as you can and be specific.
Part 2: Capital Budgeting
Before you respond to Part 2 review the following information on Capital Budgeting Techniques
Capital Budgeting Decision Methods
CAPITAL BUDGETING (PRINCIPLES & TECHNIQUES)
To avoid damaging its market value, each company must use the correct discount rate to evaluate its projects. Review and discuss the following:
• Compare and contrast the internal rate of return approach to the net present value approach. Which is better? Support your answer with well-reasoned arguments and examples.
• Is the ultimate goal of most companies–maximizing the wealth of the owners for whom the firm is being operated–ethical? Why or why not?
• Why might ethical companies benefit from a lower cost of capital than less ethical companies?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more